The Electronic Security Expo (ESX), presented by Electronic Security Association (ESA), has released its full educational lineup for 2023. The conference will take place at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Kentucky on June 5-8, 2023.
In addition to its main stage presentations, engaging networking opportunities, and interactive expo floor, ESX 2023 will bring over 30 educational sessions spanning four tracks and two additional focus areas carefully designed for security professionals. The sessions cover tactical advice in Sales, Operations, Management, Monitoring, and Executive Leadership to help businesses grow and stay competitive.
Special emphasis is paid to building RMR or recurring revenue and a special three-part series will delve deep into the business of fire alarms.
Attendees who are looking to address a specific business challenge or opportunity can look at the collection of focused sessions, with specialties designed to meet the needs of all managers from your company, including installation and service, finance, executive leadership, sales and marketing and more.
80% of ESX 2022 attendees rated best-practice sharing sessions “Excellent” or “Very Good.”
Learn to develop your brand and go-to-market strategy to keep the focus on building your RMR. Identify complementary markets, new products, and services that will give your sales teams the edge over the competition. Explore new sales management processes that will accelerate sales performance and increase your revenues and RMR. Sessions in Sales Track:
- Commercial Sales Strategies and Applications that Drive Higher RMR
- Leveraging Your Existing Customer Base for Sales & RMR Growth
- Proven Sales Tips that Great Salespeople Practice
- The State of Marketing and Digital Tools for the Modern Company
- The Rising Tide of PropTech in Multifamily
- Top Reasons Why You Should Be Offering Cloud-based Access Control Systems
- The Top Applications and Monitoring Services for Video Surveillance
- Driving Higher RMR on Every Sale
- The Expanding Case for Personal Emergency Response Systems
Discover best practices that will improve your company’s operational excellence and the customer experience. Explore ways to build efficiencies in installation, service methodologies, and human resources. Examine how others are solving today’s most common operations struggles like recruiting and retaining employees, supply chain lags, truck rolls, job safety, training, and more. Sessions in Operations Track:
- 6 Ways to Reduce Truck Rolls and Optimize Field Services
- Successful Ways to Onboard Staff
- POTS Lines Are History – What You Need to Do Now
- How to Encourage Collaboration Between Sales and Installation Staff
- Practical Ways to Enhance Your Project Management Outcomes
- How to Optimize the Ordering and Inventory Process
- Top Ways to Improve Technician Recruitment and Retention
Learn to implement and manage key performance indicators that help to streamline processes and improve top and bottom-line results. Find ways to build a strong culture that helps you drive transformational leadership and change throughout the organization. Examine emerging trends and leading-edge technologies that will excite your customers’ changing demands and open new markets to evolve your business. Sessions in Operations Track:
- 10 Simple Ways to Measure & Reduce Attrition
- Fear Not – How to Raise Your RMR and Labor Rates without Losing Customers
- The Business of Fire Alarms: How to Successfully Enter – Part 1
- The Business of Fire Alarms: Understanding Codes, Standards, and New Technologies – Part 2
- The Business of Fire Alarms: Recurring Revenue Rain Maker – Part 3
- Practical Pre & Post M & A Lessons to Remember
- 5 Essential KPIs that Measure Your Success
- Talent Acquisition and Retention Guide for the New Norm
- The Current State of the Industry and What to Expect
Delivering quality security and life safety monitoring services to end-users, including cloud-based lifestyle enhancements, is mission critical 24/7. Discover best-of-breed operator training, state-of-the-art technology infrastructure, and vital monitoring processes and procedures for next-gen central stations. Learn from seasoned professionals who share best practices to maximize your 24/7 monitoring operation effectively and profitably. Sessions in Monitoring Track:
- Monitoring Innovations – The Future is Here
- Top 5 Things to Expect from Your Monitoring Center Partner
- Keeping Score – A Better Alarm Verification Method
Bonus best-practice sharing sessions and sessions in ESX’s exclusive Executive Leadership Track to be announced soon.
“The industry continues to be faced with a changing competitive landscape that is relentless and unforgiving.” says George DeMarco, ESX Chairman “Albert Einstein once said, ‘Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.’ In the same vein: Business is like riding a bicycle, to keep your competitive edge, you must keep moving forward. ESX educational sessions can help with that, teaching security professionals how to stay balanced, keep their competitive edge and keep moving forward. ”
“The educational sessions will cover a variety of topics such as developing sales consultants and leaders, finding technical staff, understanding next-gen residential and commercial applications and services, and tips on building your recurring revenue. ESX is focused on taking you and your team to the next level, on a smooth, successful ride to the top.” says George DeMarco, ESX Chairman
All educational sessions for ESX are curated and taught by the industry’s top electronic security and life safety technology pros, who are passionate about sharing their experience and helping security businesses grow and succeed. ESA and its partners are eager to help companies drive growth, improve their customer experience, and prepare for the future. Come bring your team to learn from the industry’s best and take home top knowledge and tips to help your business grow.
“I don’t know of a more insightful convention to attend. This was the most beneficial 3 days of my career. I’m left with a ton of ideas I can’t wait to share with my colleagues.” says one ESX attendee.
For access to these classes, Executive or Deluxe Passes are required at registration. Register your team at ESXweb.com/register.