The following speaker terms and conditions promulgated by Alarm Industry Expo, LLC d/b/a Electronic Security Expo and ESX (“ESX”) apply to all speakers applicable to ESX 2023 (“ESX 2023”). By submitting your speaker registration, you are hereby acknowledging your acceptance of, and agreement to comply with, all such terms and conditions.
- I will comply with all program-related deadlines provided to me by ESX.
- During my presentation, I will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service. I will not disparage ESX in any way.
- I agree to notify ESX (email@example.com) immediately if an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligations as a presenter.
- I grant ESX a royalty-free license to use, reproduce, and distribute my presentation in any way—now and in the future—with appropriate attribution to me. This includes posting my presentation on the ESX Web Site. I understand that this usage license does not change that I retain copyright ownership of my presentation and does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way—or from allowing others to use it.
- I understand that the presentation will be delivered in-person and that will require me to deliver it live at a time and location prescribed by ESX.
- I agree to use the PowerPoint templates and logos provided to me by ESX for my presentation. I agree not to use these templates and logos in any way except in connection with ESX 2023 programs.
- My presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including copyright, trademark, and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. I have the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
- I authorize ESX to use my name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the ESX program.
- I give my consent to ESX—if it chooses—to record my presentation in audio and/or visual form. I understand that ESX is the sole copyright owner of the recording and can distribute the recording, along with any supporting materials. Upon request, ESX will provide me with one complimentary copy of the recording, which I may use for my personal, archival use (which use includes posting the recording on my website or using the recording in my marketing materials). However, I agree not to sell, distribute, or otherwise use the recording in any other way, except with the prior written consent of ESX. I understand that any other recording of my presentation is expressly prohibited.
- I will be responsible for all travel arrangements and expenses that I incur. I understand that I will not receive any royalties, honoraria, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from ESX in connection with the program or the rights granted above.
In addition to the Speaker Terms and Conditions noted above I also agree to abide by the Electronic Security Association, Inc. (ESA) Antitrust Policy located here.